Rig Up for your 1000 Islands – Ontario Adventure!
Test your climbing skills on our challenging ropes course, one of the Aquatarium’s most engaging activities for kids of all ages
Ahoy, matey! Experience climbing through the rigging of a tall ship with our one-of-a-kind ropes course! One of our most engaging and interactive activities for kids and adults alike, our Ropes Course has instructors on hand to help adventurers safely learn to navigate this unique climbing adventure. By the time you reach the end, you’ll be as seaworthy as any Tall Ship sailor in the 1000 Islands, Ontario and beyond!
Climb across the rigging of our two ships, the SS Kingston and the HMS Ontario, before walking to the edge of the deck—where a 4-storey quick jump awaits! Take the 40-foot AquaDrop to the ground floor, or take a comfortable slide off the SS Kingston. There’s even a mini ropes course and scramble net for the littlest explorers.
Kids of all ages are sure to leave the ropes course with a boost in confidence and new physical and problem-solving skills. You won’t want to miss this last high-flying stop, which tops off the Aquatarium’s long list of activities for kids: it’s a great way to grow together and put the day’s learning about nautical science in Ontario’s 1000 Islands into action!
Ropes Course and AquaDrop Safety Requirements
- Closed toe shoes must be worn to be able to use the Ropes Course and AquaDrop. Visitors without closed toe shoes will not be allowed on the Course or Drop. For those who purchased a ticket for the Ropes Course and/or AquaDrop but who can not comply with this requirement can have their money refunded at our Guest Services.
- All participants must complete the waiver form and emergency contact form prior to being allowed to use the ropes course and the Aqua Drop. Note: Minors must have a parent or guardian complete/sign the waiver and emergency contact forms. To speed up the process prior to arrival, we recommend that you print out the forms, read them and fill them out ahead of time. You can download the forms here:
Ropes Course Guidelines
- Participants must adhere to the instructions of the staff on duty.
- Participants’ maximum weight is 120 Kg (265 lbs).
- Participants’ minimum weight is 20 Kg (45 lbs).
- Participants’ minimum height is 127 cm (50”) regardless of age.
- Participants’ minimum age is 8 years.
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied on the ropes course by an adult (18 years and over).
- Proper footwear is required. Ensure your shoes are secure. No flip flops or open toe/high-heeled shoes.
- No loose items such as cell phones or cameras. Eyeglasses should be secured.
- Pockets must be empty.
- Staff members are not responsible for lost or damaged items left or brought into the course area.
- Only 2 participants on an element at one time.
- Maximum 4 participants on a platform at one time.
- No running, jumping, horse-play.
- No bouncing off elements or on platforms.
- Do not tamper with or adjust your personal safety equipment (i.e. harness).
- Staff members reserve the right to disallow and/or end your participation on the ropes course should you not be following the rules or you are causing disruption to another participants’ experience..
- No gum, food, or drinks are permitted in the ropes course area.
- Participation on the ropes course activity is at your own risk. A release of liability must be signed by all participants and by a Parent/ Guardian if the participant is under the age of 18.
This ropes course is not recommended for participants who are pregnant or have the following conditions: neck problems, back problems, heart problems, recent surgeries, or any history of physical conditions that may be aggravated by the ropes course.
Please participate responsibly. Participants should be in good health and should have no other physical condition and limitations. If you suspect your health could be at risk for any reason or you could aggravate a pre-existing condition of any kind, please do not participate. If you are injured in any way during your participation in this ropes course experience, please notify a staff member prior to leaving the facility.